Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped, 1 Md
- 1 clove garlic, Minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 stalk celery, Sliced
- 1 large carrot, Sliced
- 1 cup lentils, Uncooked
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup red wine (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon, Instant
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, Snipped
- Cook and stir the meat, onion and the garlic in a Dutch oven until the meat is brown.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Stir in the undrained mushrooms, and the remaining ingredients.
- Heat to boiling then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are tender, about 40 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and serve.
This recipe is a nice addition to the rotation. It's reasonably quick and easy in addition to being tasty. Make sure to leave enough time for the lentils to cook.
Simple to make. I used cubed beef, chicken stock, and fresh tomatoes as I didn't have the listed ingredients at home. It came out good. Thanks for the recipe.
I find that using sliced or cubed beff works much better that ground. All and all this is a very good recipe.