1/1 Photo of Beef and Leek Casserole
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
It is simple. It is delicious. It has few ingredients but the result will surprise you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Top and tail leek so that you have the white stalk only.
- 2Slice leek lengthwise and then chop into 1 inch segments.
- 3Chop carrot into bite size segments.
- 4Chop onion.
- 5Place flour and seasoning into a bag.
- 6Place beef into the bag and shake so that beef is coated with flour and seasoning.
- 7In a heavy base frypan, place 1 or 2 tablespoons of oil.
- 8On low heat brown beef, remove and place into a casserole.
- 9Add a little more oil and stir fry leek, onion and carrot for 2 minutes.
- 10Remove and add to casserole.
- 11Place the red wine and the stock cube in the frypan and simmer until wine is reduced to half.
- 12Add to casserole.
- 13Add thyme and 2 bayleaf.
- 14Place in a moderate oven and cook slowly for about 90 minutes.
- 15Place a lid on the casserole to obtain best results.
- 16Serve with mashed potato,steamed french beans with an oil and garlic dressing and steamed button squash or baby zucchini.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Leek Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.4
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 83.8 mg
- Sodium 241.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 23.7 g