From delish.com--posting to save recipe. I will update the description once I have had a chance to try these, but they sound pretty good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cornichons, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 3/4 lb ground beef, preferably 80 percent lean
- 1/2 lb ground lamb
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 English muffins, split
- 4 slices aged cheddar cheese, preferably farmhouse
- 1 tomato, sliced for garnish (optional)
- 1 English cucumber, sliced for garnish (optional)
- 1Light a grill. In a mini food processor, pulse the cornichons with the parsley leaves, capers, and garlic clove until finely chopped. Add the mayonnaise and mustard and pulse until blended.
- 2In a large bowl, gently mix the ground beef with the ground lamb and season generously with salt and pepper. Form the meat mixture into four 1-inch-thick patties and make a slight indentation in the center of each one with your thumb. Season the burgers with salt and pepper.
- 3Grill the English muffin halves cut side down until toasted, about 1 minute. Flip the muffins and grill for 30 seconds longer. Transfer to a work surface cut side up and spread the bottom halves of the muffins with the caper rémoulade.
- 4Grill the burgers over high heat until they are nicely charred on the bottom, about 4 minutes. Flip the burgers, top them with the cheddar cheese, and grill until cooked to medium and the cheese melts, about 4 minutes longer. Transfer the burgers to the toasted English muffins and let rest for 5 minutes. Top the burgers with the tomatoes and cucumbers if desired, close the burgers, and serve.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef-And-Lamb Burgers With Cheddar and Caper Rémoulade
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.1
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 1376.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 31.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
aged cheddar cheese