1 hr 10 mins
These use puff pastry instead of traditional pastie shortcrust pastry. You could make the filling the day before. They'd probably be quite nice eaten cold, too. Preparation time doesn't include time for filling to cool. From Super Food Ideas magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until soft and light golden - about 5 minutes.
- 2Increase heat to high and add mince. Cook, stirring, for 8 minutes or until browned.
- 3Add curry powder, tomato paste, kumara and water to pan. Cook for 10 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool completely.
- 4Preheat oven to 200deg Celsius Lightly grease a baking tray.
- 5Cut each pastry sheet into 4 squares. Spoon 1/4 cup mince mixture onto centre of each square. Fold in half to form triangles and pinch or press edges with a fork to seal. Place onto baking tray.
- 6Bake for 25 minutes or until puffed and golen.
- 7Serve with tomato sauce (ketchup) if desired.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Kumara Pasties
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1856.3
- Calories from Fat 1144
- Total Fat 127.1 g
- Saturated Fat 35.6 g
- Cholesterol 106.5 mg
- Sodium 883.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 132.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 45.9 g