Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These use puff pastry instead of traditional pastie shortcrust pastry. You could make the filling the day before. They'd probably be quite nice eaten cold, too. Preparation time doesn't include time for filling to cool. From Super Food Ideas magazine
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until soft and light golden - about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to high and add mince. Cook, stirring, for 8 minutes or until browned.
- Add curry powder, tomato paste, kumara and water to pan. Cook for 10 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 200deg Celsius Lightly grease a baking tray.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 4 squares. Spoon 1/4 cup mince mixture onto centre of each square. Fold in half to form triangles and pinch or press edges with a fork to seal. Place onto baking tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until puffed and golen.
- Serve with tomato sauce (ketchup) if desired.