3 hrs 20 mins
YUM! A totally delightful winter warmer or just when you feel like a good old piece of Irish Pie!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 beef shins or 1 kg budget steak, diced
- 3 carrots, chopped chunky
- 2 celery ribs, chopped chunky
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon blackberry jam (or similar)
- 1 rosemary stick
- 1 cup gravy
- 1 stock, cube chicken or 1 beef
- 1 Guinness stout (can)
- puff pastry, x 4 sheets
- 1Brown the beef shins or diced beef in oil.
- 2Place in a casserole dish with the carrots, celery, leek, onion and garlic and1 can of guinness and cook for 1 hour 30 mins at 200 degrees celcius.
- 3Remove casserole dish and add the rest of the ingredients.
- 4Cook for a further 45 minutes.
- 5Remove the rosemary stick (rosemary should have fallen off the stick by now).
- 6If unable to use your casserole dish as a pie dish, transfer all ingredients to a pie dish.
- 7Top with puff pastry and cook for a further 45 minutes.
- 8Remove and let settle for 5 minutes
- 9Serve with mashed potato or similar.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Guinness Pie
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.5
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 811.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: