Recipe by ozzygirl
YUM! A totally delightful winter warmer or just when you feel like a good old piece of Irish Pie!
- 6 beef shins or 1 kg budget steak, diced
- 3 carrots, chopped chunky
- 2 celery ribs, chopped chunky
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon blackberry jam (or similar)
- 1 rosemary stick
- 1 cup gravy
- 1 stock, cube chicken or 1 beef
- 1 Guinness stout (can)
- puff pastry, x 4 sheets
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the beef shins or diced beef in oil.
- Place in a casserole dish with the carrots, celery, leek, onion and garlic and1 can of guinness and cook for 1 hour 30 mins at 200 degrees celcius.
- Remove casserole dish and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook for a further 45 minutes.
- Remove the rosemary stick (rosemary should have fallen off the stick by now).
- If unable to use your casserole dish as a pie dish, transfer all ingredients to a pie dish.
- Top with puff pastry and cook for a further 45 minutes.
- Remove and let settle for 5 minutes
- Serve with mashed potato or similar.