Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this recipe in our Sunday Newspaper, sounds good!Leftovers make a quick, delicious lunch when warmed in the microwave.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup prepared chunky salsa (Pace or Old El Paso brands preferred)
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese
- 10 -12 medium flour tortillas (soft taco size)
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- additional cheese (for serving)
- additional sour cream (for serving)
- Heat oven to 450*.
- In large skillet,brown ground beef and onion over medium heat, breaking up beef until crumbly, 8 to 10 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink. Pour off drippings.
- Season beef mixture with salt. Add salsa and chiles,stir in cheese. Spoon about 1/4°C beef mixture on one half of each tortilla;fold tortilla to close.
- Arrange tortillas on two baking sheets that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Lightly spray tops of tortillas with cooking spray.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes,or until tortillas are lightly browned. For more even browning,switch baking sheets halfway through baking.With pizza cutter, slice quesadillas into wedges to serve.
This is a quick,easy, and delicious appetizer or snack. I have made it several times and never have leftovers.