Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
This dish makes a great looking presentation.
Make and share this Beef and Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) box spaetzle noodles
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 medium onion, chopped, divided
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cut green beans, thawed and drained
- Prepare spaetzle according to the package directions. Keeping warm until meatballs are complete, or time it where they are done at the same time.
- In medium bowl, mix the beef, sour cream, half of the onion, and the celery.
- With moistened hands, shape the mixture into 1" meatballs; flatten slightly.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Cook meatballs in batches turning occasionally, until browned on all sides. Using slotted spoon, remove meatballs from skillet.
- Add remaining onion and garlic to skillet. Saute about 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add flour to skillet, stirring until blended with drippings.
- Gradually stir in beef broth.
- Cook stirring constantly, until sauce boils and thickens.
- Stir in lemon juice, capers and pepper.
- Add meatballs and green beans. Cover; simmer 10 minutes or until green beans are tender.
- Spread spaetzle on an oval platter and sit meatballs and green beans in center to make the presentation.