Becky in Wisconsin's Note:
This dish makes a great looking presentation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) box spaetzle noodles
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 medium onion, chopped, divided
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cut green beans, thawed and drained
- 1Prepare spaetzle according to the package directions. Keeping warm until meatballs are complete, or time it where they are done at the same time.
- 2In medium bowl, mix the beef, sour cream, half of the onion, and the celery.
- 3With moistened hands, shape the mixture into 1" meatballs; flatten slightly.
- 4In large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Cook meatballs in batches turning occasionally, until browned on all sides. Using slotted spoon, remove meatballs from skillet.
- 5Add remaining onion and garlic to skillet. Saute about 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- 6Add flour to skillet, stirring until blended with drippings.
- 7Gradually stir in beef broth.
- 8Cook stirring constantly, until sauce boils and thickens.
- 9Stir in lemon juice, capers and pepper.
- 10Add meatballs and green beans. Cover; simmer 10 minutes or until green beans are tender.
- 11Spread spaetzle on an oval platter and sit meatballs and green beans in center to make the presentation.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.9
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 81.0 mg
- Sodium 911.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 27.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: