- 1 sweet red pepper (or green)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups green beans (diagonally halved and trimmed)
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- seed, core and cut red pepper into thin strips, set aside.
- in a wok stir fry beef over high heat until no longer pink, about 3 minutes. using a slotted spoon, transfer beef to plate.
- drain fat from wok, add oil, stir fry garlic, ginger, salt and pepper over medium heat until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- add green beans, red pepper and 2 tablespoons water, cover and steam until beans and pepper are tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
- return beef and any juices to wok. whisk together beef stock, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and cornstarch. stir into wok.
- bring to a boil, boil stirring until sauce is thickened and glossy, about 1 minute.
- sprinkle with green onions and serve.