Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from the Garlic Lover's Cookbook, another recipe tried and loved. Thank you MichEgan for this delightful book Cookbook Swap 2007. This is a very simple dish to make for a weekend or weeknight dinner. Can be dressed up for company without much fuss. A very adaptable recipe. Aromatic and delicious!
- 1 lb beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb bok choy, sliced
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat beef broth
- 1 tomatoes, peeled and cut into eighths
- salt & pepper
- Mix beef and garlic and let sit for 10 minutes. Sauté beef and garlic in a nonstick pan sprayed with vegetable oil.
- When beef is done, remove from pan.
- In same pan, sauté green onions and bok choy until vegetables are tender.
- Return beef to pan and add soy sauce, oyster sauce, beef broth, and tomato wedges and cook for 3 minutes, med high. (varies depending on pan size, fuel, thickness of pan).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Great served over rice, noodles or alone with a side.
- I have also made without bok choy and used slice green peppers and water chestnuts, baby corn. As I said, very versatile.
This was very good, a quick and easy stir fry. next time i will use more garlic bc even though it seems like more than enough it got a little lost in the sauce (but then im a garlic fanatic)
We enjoyed this very much. It was pretty quick and easy for a weeknight meal, too. I used veggies I had on hand - mushrooms, red pepper, sugar snap peas, and green onion. It worked very well. The only thing I'll do different next time is to spice it up a bit with fresh hot pepper or sambal oelek.
Very good and not as garlicy as one might expect -- just the perfect amount! As I didn't have any oyster sauce I used teriyaki sauce along with low sodium soy sauce, skipping the salt and pepper as it seemed to be spiced perfectly without anything additional. Thanks for sharing this very easy and tasy dish!