Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I never know what to do with leftover pot roast but I had a friend that was taking chemo and wouldn't eat. We had pot roast the night before and I had some left. I fixed this for him and really enjoyed it. Wonderful comfort food.
- Combine water and beef broth granuals and bring to a boil. Add dry dumplings and brink to a boil. Cook just enough to tender. Noodles will finish cooking after added to meat. Drain pasta and save broth.
- I use recipe #rz.50337 for my roast.
- Slice leftover roast into strips or chunks.
- Saute meat in wok or large pan with butter using leftover onion slices and spice mixture that were on top of roast.
- Combine mushroom soup,dry onion soup, mushrooms,half & half,pepper and 1 cup of broth from dumplings with meat. Cook on top of stove on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add cooked dumplings and let simmer on low for 10 to 15 minutes.
- You may add sour cream if you prefer but my family doesn't care for sour cream so I don't use it. I usually don't have to add salt because the roast and broth have enough.