A simple soup that can be ready in under 15 minutes: from The Sydney Morning Herald, Tuesday April 15, 2008. Use the dumplings of your choice. I always keep some pork and coriander dumplings in the freezer, and those work fine.
- Bring all ingredients except dumplings and coriander to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the soup and keep hot.
- Boil dumplings in water until they float to the top and are cooked through, about five minutes.
- Place dumplings in the bottom of bowls and pour over strained soup.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
YUM, YUM PIG'S BUM - Aussie expression for absolute yummy. I have made it twice. First time I was slack and just used beef cubes and took the seeds out of the chillies. It was wonderful - then I thought - I bet Amanda in Oz is a purist and if so she wouldn't use beef cubes and so I made it again - this time making my own stock and this time leaving half the chille seeds in - WOW - we absolutely loved it. I will never, ever, be without dumplings in my freezer again. Thank you ever so much Amanda - a big MAAAAAW on the mush for you:)
OUT OF THIS WORLD!! I could have eaten all the servings myself! Excellent flavor and the dumplings make this soup very filling. I particularly liked the seasoned thin broth and then the broth blended very well with the flavor of the dumplings. I used my dumpling recipe, Dumplings , #335493. Prepared for the 2008 Asian Souped Up Event.