Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick and easy weeknight meal. From "Real Simple" magazine.
- 2 bell peppers, cut lengthwise into 8 pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons ground ancho chili pepper or 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- avocado, diced
- cheddar cheese, grated
- fresh cilantro
- lime wedge
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F; On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the bell peppers with garlic and 1 tablespoon of the oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast peppers until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium high heat; cook onion, seasoned with a little salt, until it begins to brown, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in beef, corn, chili powder and cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned, 6 to 8 minutes more.
- Divide beef and corn mixture among tortillas and top with desired serving ingredients; serve with roasted peppers and lime wedges.
Loved the combination of flavors, corn, green peppers, etc. Even with a cold cutting up the garlic was delicious smelling. Made for AZ swap.