Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Don't recall where I found this chili recipe, all I can tell you is it is very good!
- 3⁄4 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 cups black beans, cooked
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- salt and pepper
- Cook beans a day in advance.
- Brown the beef and chorizo in a heavy pot. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until just soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 45 minutes. Serve warm.
Yum! This chili is one of the best I have ever made! Simple ingredients but so amazingly flavorful!
I thought the amount of cumin would be a bit much for my little one, but it was just seasoned enough. Great chili!