Chef Christine's Note:
South Eastern recipe using a flavorful seasoning and is usually served with a side of peanut sauce. Cucumber is usually served with this dish and can be dipped in the peanut sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak a package of small bamboo skewers in water for 2-3 hours.
- 2Prepare all ingredients and have at hand.
- 3Combine the seasoning ingredients in a medium size bowl and mix well.
- 4Mix the meat with the seasoning and marinate at room temperature for one hour or refrigerate overnight.
- 5Preheat a grill or broiler.
- 6Thread the marinated meat onto the skewers.
- 7Cook the satays over a hot fire or broil them in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until done.
- 8Do not leave them unattended!
- 9Serve immediately on a garnished plate.
- 10The best flavor is from grilling, but you can broil skewers in the oven too.
- 11Use a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil and cake rack to keep the skewers off the foil, otherwise they will simmer in their own juices, becoming tough and dry.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Chicken Satay
Serving Size: 1 (665 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.1
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 55.7 mg
- Sodium 317.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 19.9 g