Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Quick and easy; delicious for lunch or a snack and makes a great appetizer too.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can sloppy joe sandwich sauce
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 (12 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuits (10 per package)
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- In large skillet cook beef, green onions, bell pepper, and black pepper over medium heat until meat is brown. Drain fat.
- Stir in sloppy joe sauce.
- Simmer, uncovered for 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Stir in shredded cheese.
- For each turnover; roll a biscuit to 5-inch diameter.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the meat mixture onto each biscuit.
- Fold biscuit in half and pinch edges to seal.
- Place turnovers on baking sheet.
- Bake about 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly.
- Serve warm.