dimensionally transcendental's Note:
Ok, so this sounds disgusting but it is awesome! My mum came up with the idea when we were little and I have perfected it - well sort of. I make this differently every time and my weights are approximate so I hope it works out all right!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the filling
- 450 g minced beef
- 400 g canned tomatoes
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 80 g sliced mushrooms
- 1 sliced carrot
- 80 g green beans (or any other vegetable)
- 2 instant Oxo, cubes (gravy granules)
- salt and pepper
For the crumble topping
- 1Brown the beef.
- 2Add the tinned tomatoes.
- 3Add the oxo cubes - crumble them evenly over the top and then mix inches.
- 4Add the remaining ingredients.
- 5Hint: At this stage you can also add any other flavourings/herbs/spices/vegetables you like, this is a very flexible recipe!
- 6At this stage the beef should be quite liquidy. Don't take any out but turn the heat down and let it reduce naturally. Keep an eye on it so it doesn't become too dry. The ideal end product should look fairly dry but easily yield liquid when a spoon is pressed onto the mixture. This can take anything from 10-30 minutes, depending on what is added!
- 7While the mixture is reducing make the crumble.
- 8Put all of the crumble topping except for the cheese for sprinkling into a bowl and mix them so they look like chunky breadcrumbs.
- 9Put the beef mixture into an ovenproof dish.
- 10Pour the crumble mixture on top of the beef.
- 11Put in a 180C oven for 20 minutes.
- 12After the 20 minutes add the grated cheese to the top, put the crumble back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes (until the cheese is melted/brown/crispy according to taste).
Browse Our Top Taste/Mood Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Cheese Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 811.8
- Calories from Fat 430
- Total Fat 47.8 g
- Saturated Fat 25.6 g
- Cholesterol 155.5 mg
- Sodium 495.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 35.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: