Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
If you don't like to use leftovers or canned soups then don't look at this recipe, but if you do keep reading.:) I had some leftover roast beef and needed a new way to serve it, so I came up with this. As with all my recipes, you can change the amounts of seasonings according to your own tastes.You can add croutons to the top if you like . :) Submitted on 12/3/10.
Top Review by Sherry & Carl
My Husband and I loved this recipe. I made as stated but I used 2 cans of cheese soup and I omitted the milk and used some juice I had from the roast beef. I also used the red pepper flakes. It was thick and delicious. Thank you for the recipe !
- 44.37 ml margarine or 44.37 ml butter
- 118.29 ml finely chopped sweet onion
- 473.18 ml leftover roast beef
- 304.75 g can cheddar cheese soup
- 304.75 g milk (one soup can full, or less if you want a thicker soup )
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl mix together soup and milk, remember if you want a thicker soup use less milk.
- In a large saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat, then add onion and cook until soft.
- Then add roast beef and stir until heated through.
- Add soup/milk mixture and stir well.
- If using the red pepper flakes add now,cook and stir for about 10 minutes or until heated through.