Good recipe to use up left-over beef roast.
Make and share this Beef and Carrot Stew (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Burgundy wine
- 2 cups cooked beef (cubed or diced)
- 1 (16 ounce) cansliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- hot cooked noodles
- In saucepan melt butter; blend in flour and stir until smooth.
- Stir in tomato sauce and wine; cook and stir until bubbly.
- Transfer to crock pot; stir in beef and remaining ingredients EXCEPT noodles.
- Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles.
a decent easy recipe for leftover roast beef. I added tomatoes, and parsnips.
Thanks for posting
Good recipe for leftover beef roast. I added a can of tomatoes, I think raisins or mushrooms would be an interesting addition, due to the sweetness of the red wine. I used 1 c. of red wine because I had more than 2 c. of beef. Thank you Papergoddess-