Recipe by Music Heather
A quick and easy stir-fry that is healthy for your family. This is a basic stir-fry; additions such as sesame seeds or flavored marinades and sauces make this recipe unique with each preparation. I created this recipe when I received a head of cabbage with my farm share and already had stew beef in the freezer.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb beef, cut bite-size
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, cored and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat canola oil in large frying pan or wok over medium heat.
- Add beef, salt, pepper, and coriander; cook until beef is no longer pink. Remove from pan and allow fat and oil to drain retaining some fat and oil in the pan.
- Add cabbage, carrots, and sesame oil to same pan. Stir-fry for approximately 2 minutes, when cabbage begins to soften.
- Meanwhile, combine soy sauce and corn starch in measuring cup.
- Pour soy sauce mixture into pan once cabbage is adequately cooked; Stir until thickened and remove from heat.
- Depending on your serving style, either mix the beef back into the cabbage mixture before plating, or place the beef on top of cabbage mixture once it is plated.