Music Heather's Note:
A quick and easy stir-fry that is healthy for your family. This is a basic stir-fry; additions such as sesame seeds or flavored marinades and sauces make this recipe unique with each preparation. I created this recipe when I received a head of cabbage with my farm share and already had stew beef in the freezer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat canola oil in large frying pan or wok over medium heat.
- 2Add beef, salt, pepper, and coriander; cook until beef is no longer pink. Remove from pan and allow fat and oil to drain retaining some fat and oil in the pan.
- 3Add cabbage, carrots, and sesame oil to same pan. Stir-fry for approximately 2 minutes, when cabbage begins to soften.
- 4Meanwhile, combine soy sauce and corn starch in measuring cup.
- 5Pour soy sauce mixture into pan once cabbage is adequately cooked; Stir until thickened and remove from heat.
- 6Depending on your serving style, either mix the beef back into the cabbage mixture before plating, or place the beef on top of cabbage mixture once it is plated.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Cabbage Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.9
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 65.9 mg
- Sodium 1457.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 28.6 g