Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy hearty recipe that I got years ago from a Bisquick box. Great comfort food.
Make and share this Beef and Cabbage Stew With Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Brown the ground beef in a dutch oven, drain.
- Add onions, cabbage, and celery. Cook and stir until light brown.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, water, and seasonings. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat.
- Prepare dumplings:.
- In a medium bowl, add Bisquick Mix, then stir in milk until a soft dough forms.
- Return stew to a boil and drop the dough by spoonfuls onto the boiling stew and reduce heat.
- Cook uncovered for 10 minutes, then sprinkle with paprika and cover the pot for an additional 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy.