Easy hearty recipe that I got years ago from a Bisquick box. Great comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1Brown the ground beef in a dutch oven, drain.
- 2Add onions, cabbage, and celery. Cook and stir until light brown.
- 3Stir in tomatoes, beans, water, and seasonings. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat.
- 4Prepare dumplings:.
- 5In a medium bowl, add Bisquick Mix, then stir in milk until a soft dough forms.
- 6Return stew to a boil and drop the dough by spoonfuls onto the boiling stew and reduce heat.
- 7Cook uncovered for 10 minutes, then sprinkle with paprika and cover the pot for an additional 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Cabbage Stew With Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 727.0
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 84.0 mg
- Sodium 1738.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 38.6 g