Recipe by out of here
This is a very tasty, easy, cheap meal to prepare. I love it for a quicky meal. Very good way to use rice.
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice (I use 1 box Uncle Ben's Wild Rice Mix)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small head of cabbage, shredded
- 4 carrots, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread the rice in bottom of a 3-quart casserole dish. If using Uncle Ben's, sprinkle the seasonings on top.
- Brown the ground beef and onion; drain.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, salt and pepper to the ground beef in a large bowl; stir.
- Spread over rice in dish.
- Pour the chicken broth over the mixture; cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- When done, dot with butter and mix in gently.