Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simple, easy to make - and delicious. My family calls this one "slop" too - because it's not a casserole that holds its shape when served. It comes out in a sloppy scoop, onto the plate. But, even though the nickname "slop" doesn't sound too appetizing - I promise this tastes good. It's often requested by the people in my house. I got this from a website with lots of Weight Watchers Core recipes. This recipe is core if you use Fat Free or Soy parmesan.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup uncooked bulgur
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Cook ground beef and onion in 10" skillet, stirring frequently, until beef is brown. Drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except for the parmesan cheese.
- Pour into ungreased 2.5 quart casserole dish.
- Cover and bake about 45 minutes, or until bulgur is tender.
- Stir in cheese.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley, if desired.