1/2 Photos of Beef and Broccoli With Garlic Sauce
Love this recipe. Works best if you cut all veggies before starting. I like to use about 4 cups veggies for this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb beef sirloin steak
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups broccoli, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/2 cup carrot, very thinly sliced on diagonal
- 2 tablespoons onions, chunked (optional)
- 1/2 cup bok choy, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, cut bite size
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, taste test maybe more
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced (or more)
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/4 cup water chestnut, sliced
- soy sauce, to taste
- rice, cooked
- 1Trim fat from beef steak; cut beef lengthwise into 2 inch strips, and each strip cut crosswise into 1/8 inch slices.
- 2In cup, mix cornstarch, sesame oil and broth, set aside.
- 3Heat 12 inch skillet or wok until very hot.
- 4Add vegetable oil; rotate skillet to coat bottom.
- 5Add beef; stir fry 2 minutes or until beef is brown.
- 6Remove beef from skillet.
- 7Keep skillet hot.
- 8Add broccoli, carrots, onion, and bok choy and saute for 3 minutes, add yellow pepper, and saute for 1 more minute.
- 9Add pepper, garlic, ginger, and fish sauce; stir fry 30 seconds.
- 10Add water chestnuts; stir fry 1 minute.
- 11Stir in beef.
- 12Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook and stir 15 seconds or until thickened.
- 13Taste test for soy sauce.
- 14Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Broccoli With Garlic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.2
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 847.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 26.2 g