Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very good stir fry recipe that comes from Bon Appetit. Preparation time includes marinating time.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 lb flank steak, cut diagonally across grain into thin strips
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- In large bowl mix together the first 5 ingredients.
- Add meat and mix coating well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour preferably 4 hours.
- In large pot of boiling salted water add broccoli and blanch for 2 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Heat oil in heavy large wok or skillet over high heat.
- Drain meat well but reserve marinade.
- Add cornstarch to reserved marinade and mix until smooth then set aside.
- Add meat to wok and stir fry until almost cooked about 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and stir fry until tender crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Add reserved marinade mixture and bring to a boil.
- Cook until sauce thickens and coats meat and broccoli, stirring constantly about 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve over rice.
Very easy and very yummy!
This was really tasty, I used scotch fillet steak and frozen broccoli which I zapped in the microwave a little before using. Delicious meal, thanks for sharing.
This is a very good beef/broccoli recipe, as well as easy. The guys didn't care much for the orange flavor, so next time I will either leave it out or cut back on the zest. Thanks for the recipe!