1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
A very good stir fry recipe that comes from Bon Appetit. Preparation time includes marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 lb flank steak, cut diagonally across grain into thin strips
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1In large bowl mix together the first 5 ingredients.
- 2Add meat and mix coating well.
- 3Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour preferably 4 hours.
- 4In large pot of boiling salted water add broccoli and blanch for 2 minutes.
- 5Drain and rinse under cold water.
- 6Heat oil in heavy large wok or skillet over high heat.
- 7Drain meat well but reserve marinade.
- 8Add cornstarch to reserved marinade and mix until smooth then set aside.
- 9Add meat to wok and stir fry until almost cooked about 2 minutes.
- 10Add broccoli and stir fry until tender crisp, about 2 minutes.
- 11Add reserved marinade mixture and bring to a boil.
- 12Cook until sauce thickens and coats meat and broccoli, stirring constantly about 2 minutes.
- 13Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 14Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (516 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 703.4
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 1125.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 34.9 g