1/4 Photos of Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
3 hrs 15 mins
Beef and Broccoli is a favorite of mine. It's important to take your time, mix well and marinate for the full 3 hours. You wont be sorry!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb beef, cut into very thin strips, pencil thin and no longer that 2 inches in length
- 3 cups broccoli florets, bite sized
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (not lite)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg white, beaten until frothy
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 3 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1In a medium mixing bowl add together the beef strips and soy sauce.
- 2Mix to be sure all the beef is coated.
- 3Add the sugar and pepper, stirring for 3 minutes to be sure each piece is evenly coated and sugar is dissolving.
- 4Add the whipped egg white and slowly stir in the cornstarch, again stirring for 3 minutes to make sure the beef is evenly coated.
- 5You DO NOT want to see any sugar or cornstarch.
- 6Cover and let stand in the fridge for 3 hours, stirring well after 1 and 1/2 hours.
- 7Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- 8Bring a wok to medium high heat.
- 9Par boil the broccoli for 1 minute.
- 10Drain in colander in sink.
- 11Add 2 T. oil and garlic to wok and quickly"mush" around.
- 12Stir fry the broccoli until tender crisp, around 5-6 minutes tops.
- 13Remove broccoli to a bowl.
- 14Add the remaining oil if needed and stir fry the meat until just under done.
- 15Return broccoli to wok and stir.
- 16Add the sherry and oyster sauce.
- 17Stir fry for 1 minute making sure broccoli and beef is thoroughly coated with sauce.
- 18Serve over hot white rice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1026.1
- Calories from Fat 849
- Total Fat 94.4 g
- Saturated Fat 35.2 g
- Cholesterol 112.3 mg
- Sodium 1409.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 14.4 g