Recipe by JoyfulCook
An easy meal to prepare. Its got a nice Chilli zing to it which enhances the flavours.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 300 g steak, rump, thin slliced
- 1 onion, small sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 1 -2 chili, large red, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli, blanched
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup capsicum, red, chopped
- 1 cup choy sum
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soya sauce, light
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soya sauce, Dark
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut beef into thin strips and add 1 tablespoon of light Soya Sauce and the Oyster sauce, mix well and place in fridge.
- Grate the garlic and ginger and place in a small bowl, de-seed the chilli if you don’t want it too hot and add to the ginger and garlic.
- Blanch the broccoli for two minutes. add all the vegetables together. If you don’t have any of the above you can add another vegetable, like runner beans, chinese cabbage or asparagus.
- Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of light soya sauce and 1/2 tablespoon dark soya sauce to the water. Mix the cornflour with a little water and add to the sauce plus the sesame oil.
- Heat some of the oil in a Wok and gently fry the onions, chilli, garlic and ginger for a minute or two.
- Add the vegetables and stir fry for another couple of minutes, place the vegetables into a bowl and keep warm in the oven.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok and toss the beef for a few minutes then add the sauce, bring to the boil toss in the vegetables and serve with plain noodles.