An easy meal to prepare. Its got a nice Chilli zing to it which enhances the flavours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 300 g steak, rump, thin slliced
- 1 onion, small sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 1 -2 chili, large red, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli, blanched
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup capsicum, red, chopped
- 1 cup choy sum
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soya sauce, light
- 1/2 tablespoon soya sauce, Dark
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1Cut beef into thin strips and add 1 tablespoon of light Soya Sauce and the Oyster sauce, mix well and place in fridge.
- 2Grate the garlic and ginger and place in a small bowl, de-seed the chilli if you don’t want it too hot and add to the ginger and garlic.
- 3Blanch the broccoli for two minutes. add all the vegetables together. If you don’t have any of the above you can add another vegetable, like runner beans, chinese cabbage or asparagus.
- 4Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of light soya sauce and 1/2 tablespoon dark soya sauce to the water. Mix the cornflour with a little water and add to the sauce plus the sesame oil.
- 5Heat some of the oil in a Wok and gently fry the onions, chilli, garlic and ginger for a minute or two.
- 6Add the vegetables and stir fry for another couple of minutes, place the vegetables into a bowl and keep warm in the oven.
- 7Add the remaining oil to the wok and toss the beef for a few minutes then add the sauce, bring to the boil toss in the vegetables and serve with plain noodles.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.1
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 1538.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: