Recipe by gravel gertie
Traditional beef and broccoli stir fry in a savory stir-fry sauce. I found this on a bottle of LaChoy soy sauce. I'm posting it here so I don't lose it.. Warning! This recipe is SO fast, I recommend cooking your rice before you start the stir-fry.
Top Review by 920059
I made this for a couple friends (we're in college) to test my new wok. I didn't have the water chestnuts or cornstarch, and I subbed lean ground beef for steak, but it still came out quite delicious. The closest thing to a mistake I made that night was making fried rice without sesame seed oil, that tasted off, but the overall flavor of this recipe was excellent.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 lb beef sirloin, cut across the grain in 2 inch by 1/4 inch strips
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and saute broccoli, onion, and watrchestnuts about 4 minutes.
- Add steak and garlic, cook about 2 minutes.
- whisk together soy sauce and brown sugar, add to skille.
- stir together corn starch and water until smooth; add to skillet.
- Cook until sauce thickens.
- Serve over cooked rice or vermicellit.