Mama Amy's Note:
Easy and delicious as well as healthy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs beef top round steak, sliced
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1Slice beef steak diagonally across the grain into 1/8 inch strips.
- 2Combine soy sauce, sherry (or beef broth), sesame oil, sugar, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- 3Place beef in plastic bag and add sauce mixture, turn to coat beef.
- 4Marinate in refridgerator 30 minutes.
- 5Cook broccoli in boiling water 2 minutes.
- 6Drain and reserve broccoli.
- 7Remove beef from marinade and reserve marinade.
- 8Heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium high heat.
- 9Add beef and stir fry 2 minutes.
- 10Add broccoli and continue to stir fry 2 minutes.
- 11Combine cornstarch and reserved marinade.
- 12Add to beef mixture.
- 13Cook stirring until sauce boils and thickens.
- 14Serve over hot cooked rice, top with peanuts and sliced green onions.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.2
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 103.7 mg
- Sodium 858.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 42.0 g