Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and delicious as well as healthy.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef top round steak, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Slice beef steak diagonally across the grain into 1/8 inch strips.
- Combine soy sauce, sherry (or beef broth), sesame oil, sugar, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Place beef in plastic bag and add sauce mixture, turn to coat beef.
- Marinate in refridgerator 30 minutes.
- Cook broccoli in boiling water 2 minutes.
- Drain and reserve broccoli.
- Remove beef from marinade and reserve marinade.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium high heat.
- Add beef and stir fry 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and continue to stir fry 2 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and reserved marinade.
- Add to beef mixture.
- Cook stirring until sauce boils and thickens.
- Serve over hot cooked rice, top with peanuts and sliced green onions.