Recipe by HouseDragon
A recipe from my Mr. Yoshida's Fine Sauces Cookbook which I haven't tried yet. I'd serve this with rice. Preparation time includes 30 minutes refrigeration time.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
I wish I could give this more than 5 stars. This is just so easy to put together and full of wonderful flavor. I'm in love with this Yoshida Gourmet sauce. I had some red and yellow peppers that I needed to use up so added those in with the meat and it worked well. I used fresh broccoli that I steamed for 7 minutes, then added as directed. I will probably add some crushed red pepper flakes next time. Can't wait to try your grilled chicken next weekend. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 09 :)
- 1 cup Yoshida gourmet sauce
- 1 lb lean boneless sirloin steak
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice sirloin into thin slices.
- Put slices into a zip bag, add 1/2 cup Gourmet Sauce, shake bag to cover all sides of meat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Combine second 1/2 cup Gourmet Sauce with dissolved cornstarch; set aside.
- Head oil in a large wok until hot.
- Add steak and stir fry 3-4 minutes.
- Add broccoli and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Stir in sauce and cornstarch mixture; cook until sauce thickens and boils.
- Serve over rice.