Recipe by KelBel
A cold meal based on the popular beef and broccoli dish in Chinese restaurants without the rice, and a lot more veges.
- 16 ounces beef tenderloin steaks, 1-inch thick
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 8 ounces mixed baby greens
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup pea pods
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup Chinese duck sauce, sauce
- 1 inch gingerroot, minced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill pan over high heat. Season steak with salt and pepper. Spray grill pan with cooking spray. Grill meat 3 to 5 minutes per side. Remove meat and let stand 10 minutes.
- In a pan, bring 1-inch of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and broccoli pieces and steam for 3 to 5 minutes, until cooked but still firm. Drain broccoli in colander and run cold water over it to cool.
- Arrange greens on large platter or individual dinner plates. Arrange broccoli and veggies on greens.
- Combine duck sauce with ginger, lime juice, vinegar, crushed pepper flakes. Whisk in oils.
- Slice steaks and arrange on salad and drizzle completed dish with dressing. Season with additional salt and pepper.