I found this recipe in an ancient family Circle cookbook. I think the plum sauce really sets it apart from the average version
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces beef top round steak
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup bottled plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 clovs minced garlic
- 3 cups chopped bok choy
- 2 medium plums, cut into wedges
- 1thinly slice the steak into bit sized bits.
- 2in a small bowl stir together, plum sauce, water, soy sauce, cornstarch and ginger.
- 3in a wok or skillet heat oil on medium heat.
- 4add broccli, onion and garlic and sautee for 3 minutes.
- 5remove broccoli mixture and add beef.
- 6stir fry 5 minutes or until brown.
- 7stir in sauce and cook until bubbly and thick.
- 8return broccoli mixture.
- 9add bok choy and plum.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Broccoli in a Plum Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.1
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 52.2 mg
- Sodium 593.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 22.8 g