Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in an ancient family Circle cookbook. I think the plum sauce really sets it apart from the average version
- 12 ounces beef top round steak
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup bottled plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 clovs minced garlic
- 3 cups chopped bok choy
- 2 medium plums, cut into wedges
- thinly slice the steak into bit sized bits.
- in a small bowl stir together, plum sauce, water, soy sauce, cornstarch and ginger.
- in a wok or skillet heat oil on medium heat.
- add broccli, onion and garlic and sautee for 3 minutes.
- remove broccoli mixture and add beef.
- stir fry 5 minutes or until brown.
- stir in sauce and cook until bubbly and thick.
- return broccoli mixture.
- add bok choy and plum.