1/4 Photos of Beef and Broccoli
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
I learned to cook this recipe from Stephen Yan many years ago. He was famous for his Television Shows -WOK WITH YAN.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb beef flank steak, sliced thinly across grain
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sambal oelek (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1 lb fresh broccoli, broken into florets and then sliced in half
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1In a mixing bowl, mix together soy sauce, pepper, Sambal Oelek, sesame oil and corn starch.
- 2Add sliced beef, coat well and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- 3In a WOK, heat 2 tablespoons of peanut oil until smoke begins to rise.
- 4Add broccoli florets and salt, stir well.
- 5Now add 1/2 cup of water, cover with a lid and cook on high heat for 3 - 4 minutes or until steam starts to escape from the edge of the lid.
- 6Remove broccoli and any liquid to a bowl.
- 7Reheat WOK to high heat, add the remainder 2 tablespoons of peanut oil.
- 8When hot, add garlic and brown for 1 minute, stirring often.
- 9Add sliced beef and marinade and stir-fry until the color of meat changes, about 1 minute.
- 10Return broccoli and liquid to the Wok and mix; stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- 11Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 593.2
- Calories from Fat 353
- Total Fat 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 91.8 mg
- Sodium 1258.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 38.8 g