Recipe by YiayiaMouse
Why order from the Chinese place down the road when you can throw this classic "take out" dish together in no time? With this one, you get to control the sodium, sugar and fat, but no one will ever know! Of course we serve this with steamed white rice.
Top Review by Juliet from SA
Really yummy. So quick. A little on the salty side, might try less soup mix and some cornflour next time. My frozen broc was in big chunks, which made cooking time a bit longer - but it is hard to cut frozen broc. I served it with #120553 Butter Baked Rice (Oamc). Went really well.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb sirloin steak (cut into 1-inch strips)
- 10 ounces frozen broccoli
- 1⁄2 ounce dry onion soup mix (1 whole envelope)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (we use low sodium)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown steak in oil, in a large skillet over high heat(you may have to do 2 batches) It will not be fully cooked.
- Remove meat from pan, then stir in all other ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens (about 2 minutes).
- Return steak to the pan and cook through (just 1-3 minutes).
- Serve over cooked white rice, if desired.