Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
This sandwich goes well with most breads, but is best on a nice hamburger bun with sesame seeds.
Top Review by MichelleAnne1
This is a fantastic sandwich! I have made it four times in two weeks...I mixed a clove of garlic in with the horseradish and mayo. The only change that I have stuck with is to assemble the sandwich then put it into the oven to warm it and melt the cheese. I have also tried a sliced granny smith apple in place of the pear - which is fantastic! YUM! Thanks, Michelle
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon bottled horseradish
- 1 large hamburger bun, sliced in half
- 1⁄4 cup baby spinach leaves
- 3 slices thinly sliced roast beef or 3 slices ham
- 1⁄2 large pear, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 slices thinly sliced brie cheese, about 1 ounce
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise and horseradish until blended.
- Lightly toast the hamburger bun.
- Spread half the mayonnaise mixture over each slice of bun.
- Cover the bottom slice of bun with spinach.
- Top with a 1 slice of meat.
- Top with the pear slices.
- Top with another 1 more slice of meat.
- Now top with 2 slices of brie.
- Finally, top with the remaining slice of meat and brie.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
- You may substitute and use salsa of your choice instead of mayonnaise.
- You may also substitute and use an apple instead of a pear.