Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 lb boneless beef round steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 4 ounces uncooked spicy bratwursts or 4 ounces other sausage, cut into 3/4 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 small onion, sliced and seperated into rings
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canchunky tomatoes, with garlic and spices, undrained
- 2 cups hot cooked noodles or 2 cups cooked rice
- Trim fat from beef,Cut into 4 serving size pieces.
- In a large skillet brown beef and bratwurst on all sides in hot oil.
- Drain off fat.
- In a 3-4 qt crock pot place the onion,sprinkle with tapioca,thyme,saltand pepper.
- Pour undrained tomatoes over onion in cooker.
- Add beef and bratwurst.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 10-12 hours.
- Serve with noodles or rice.