Recipe by Muffin Goddess
Another little grocery store recipe card that I keep losing in the maelstrom. I haven't made this yet, but it sounds really good to me. Adapted from certifiedangusbeef.com
Top Review by CarRod
Easy to make! I used two jars of Emiril's four cheese Alfredo sauce. I've never used jarred Alfredo before so I was hesitant but it was actually decent. My husband told me to make this again so this recipe is a keeper. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb sirloin steaks or 1 lb blade steaks or 1 lb top sirloin steak
- 1⁄2 cup red bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 10 ounces hot cooked bow tie pasta (approx. 4 cups)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages frozen asparagus cuts, cooked
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesprepared low-fat alfredo sauce (I'm not clear on this one, maybe just use a jar of alfredo sauce?)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- fresh ground pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Sauté steak over medium-high heat for about 3-5 minutes per side, or until it is cooked to your liking (keeping in mind that steak will continue to cook slightly once removed from the heat). Keeping skillet hot, transfer steak to a cutting board and allow to rest for about 10 minutes (this allows the juices to settle into the meat so they are not lost in cutting). Cut steak across the grain into thin slices.
- Add peppers and mushrooms to hot skillet. Sauté until tender (3-5 minutes).
- Add slices steak, cooked pasta, asparagus and alfredo sauce to cooked peppers and mushrooms. Cook until evenly heated (approx. 2-3 minutes), stirring constantly, taking care not to boil it.
- Season with pepper. Top each serving with parmesan (if using).