Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is out of my Asian cookbook...you can substitute baby bok choy if desired.
- 453.59 g bok choy
- 29.58 ml oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 226.79 g rump steak, thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml sweet sherry
- 29.58 ml fresh basil, shopped
- 9.85 ml sesame oil
- Wash the bok choy and drain it. Cut the leaves into thin strips.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan or wok; add the garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Heat the remaining oil; add the meat in small batches and stir-fry for 3 minutes over high heat until the meat has browned but is not cooked through. Remove the meat from the pan.
- Stir-fry the bok choy for 30 seconds or until it is just wilted.
- Add the meat, soy sauce and sherry.
- Sir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Add the basil and sesame oil and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with strips of red pepper, if desired.
If you are looking for a quick stir fry, this has great flavors! I made as instructed and we had a great stir fry dinner. Could use some rice or noodles. Great base to start from!<br/><br/>It was also my first time using bok choy- I loved it! Thanks for introducing me to a new ingredient. I've been missing out my first 43 years...