Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this in the September 2007 issue of Better Homes and Gardens. So good - better than delivery, faster and cheaper!! Adapted this for the kids - used the crust part of the recipe and then let them make their own with cheddar, and their choice of meat and veggies (ham and spinach).
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, cut in thin slivers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 inches Italian bread (such as Boboli)
- 8 ounces cooked beef, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pizza seasoning (optional)
- Position oven rack in centre of oven.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In large skillet cook onion in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is just tender.
- Place bread shell on baking sheet; brush with remaining olive oil.
- Bake 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile stack beef slices on cutting board; slice into strips.
- Top shell with beef, sweet pepper, onion, cheese and pizza seasoning.
- Change oven setting to broil.
- Broil pizza 4 to 5 minutes or until toppings are heated through and crust is browned.
- Cut into wedges.