Recipe by Jostlori
Nothing better than Irish blue! The whiskey-soaked raisins add that extra special touch. Posted for ZWT8 Ireland.
Top Review by lazyme
Nice salad. I used some leftover steak that I had grilled which made this super simple. The raisins really were a 'special touch'. Thanks Jostlori for a nice lunch. Made for ZWT8 - Family Picks.
- 3⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup Irish whiskey
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 8 ounces cashel blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless rib eye
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, soak the raisins in the whiskey for 1 hour. Drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, parsley, buttermilk, lemon juice, and vinegar. Whisk until smooth. Add blue cheese crumbles and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Grill the steak to desired doneness and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide the lettuce onto 6 serving plates and spoon the dressing over each. Slice the beef and arrange on top of the salad. Sprinkle the raisins over the lettuce.