Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
In ‘ Slow Cooker Revolution: Volume 2’ by ATK
- 1 lb lean ground beef (85%)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 (10 ounce) cansro-tel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- Microwave ground beef, taco seasoning, and garlic in bowl, stirring occasionally, until beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Break up any large pieces of beef with spoon, then drain off fat.
- Drain tomatoes, reserving ¼ cup juice.
- Using potato masher, mash half of beans with reserved tomato juice in large bowl until mostly smooth.
- Stir in beef mixture, remaining beans, tomatoes and 1 ½ c Monterey Jack cheese until well combined.
- 1 ½ -5 quart slow cooker: Transfer mixture to slow cooker, cover, and cook until heated through, 1-2 hours on LOW.
- Stir dip to recombine and sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Cover and continue to cook on LOW until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle dip with scallions and serve; dip can be held on WARM or LOW setting for up to 2 hours.