Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a favourite Chinese dish I grew up with. Enjoy
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 400 g beef steaks, sliced thinly
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 medium white onion, sliced thinly
- 2 stalks celery, trimmed and sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon cornflour (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup black bean sauce
- 1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok or large frying pan.
- Combine beef and garlic, stir fry in batches, until beef is browned.
- Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Stir fry onion and celery.
- Blend cornflour, black bean sauce and teriyaki sauce in a small bowl.
- Return beef to wok and add blended cornflour mixture.
- Stir until mixture boils and thickens slightly.
- Serve with steamed rice.