Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a Chinese budget family meal.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 500 g round steaks, trimmed and sliced
- 125 g green beans, sliced
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (225 g) jar black bean garlic sauce
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- hokkien noodles (can use rice)
- Heat oil in wok or large frying pan.
- Stir-fry onion until tender.
- Add steak and stir-fry 3-4 minute.
- Stir in beans and mushrooms, stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add black bean sauce and stock, stirring.
- When sauce boils add sprouts.
- Serve immediately with cooked noodles or rice.
I can't compare this the restaurant quality since we never eat out. I changed this to U.S. standards and so the amts. were off. I increased the beef to almost 1-1/2 lbs. used 1 lb. bag of frozen french cut green beans, ommited the mushrooms, used 1 regular sized can of drained bean sprouts, 1 jar (8 oz) of black bean sauce and increased the broth to 1 c. (since I had extra meat and beans) Served this over Creamy Ramen Noodles-which is posted here at Zaar.
I cooked this tonight and made no changes at all to the provided recipe. It was so easy to make and tasted fantastic! I certainly won't be buying take-out beef and black bean anymore! I cooked this with my own fried rice (recipe yet to be added to Zaar). Thanks for sharing this great yet simple recipe!