Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious recipe for beef and black bean burgers from relishmag.com. Because of the beans and the lean beef, it's a healthier alternative.
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- Place drained beans in a large bowl and mash beans with a potato masher. Add beef, onion, chili powder, cumin oregano, salt and pepper; mix to combine.
- Shape into 4 burgers and grill, broil or pan-fry until cooked through.
- Place burgers on buns and serve.