Recipe by WaterMelon
Adapted from an Australian 'Survival From The Fittest' cookbook. This recipe is easy and quick to prepare. Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for 2 days. It's also perfect for OAMC and make-ahead meals. Can be frozen up to 2 months.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 cup beef stock (use low sodium if you wish)
- 20 ounces pasta sauce (home made or in an jar)
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 10 ounces corn kernels (frozen or canned)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb spaghetti
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- fresh cilantro (optional) or parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet, then brown the beef with chili powder and herbs for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in beef stock and pasta sauce and bring mixture to boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer (partially covered) for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans, corn and pepper, then cook for another 5 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, prepare the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Drain pasta and serve hot with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and fresh herbs, if desired, just prior to serving.