Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs 30 mins
This deliciously spicy steak and beans over rice will have family and friends asking for more.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless round steak
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 beef bouillon cube, crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- hot cooked rice
- Cut steak into thin strips.
- Combine mustard, chili powder, salt if desired, pepper and garlic in a bowl; add steak and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a slow cooker; add tomatoes, onion and bouillon. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Stir in beans; cook 30 minutes longer.
- Serve over rice.