Prep 10 mins
Cook 27 mins
Dressed up Pork and Beans for a crowd, or for a hungry family. These are sure to please.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion (or 1 Tbsp. Instant minced onion)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 can baked beans
- 1 can flaky refrigerated biscuit
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375-- degrees.
- In skillet, brown ground beef and onion; drain.
- Stir in barbecue sauce, brown sugar and beans.
- Heat until bubbly.
- Pour into 2 ½ quart casserole.
- Separate canned dough into 10 biscuits then cut each biscuit in half crosswise.
- Place biscuits cut side down over hot meat mixture in spoke-fashion around edge of casserole.
- Sprinkle cheese over biscuits.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 22 to 27 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
Easy, filling and just so TASTY!
This is a great, quick meal. I was given this recipe by my best friend's grandma at my bridal shower and just got around to trying it. My husband and I both loved it. The only thing she had changed on the recipe was using 1/2 cup barbecue sauce instead of a cup which worked just fine for us.
My bunco group really liked this side dish. The 2nd time I tried it I added a tablespoon of mustard just for fun. Very warming on a cold night. thanks for the recipe! I'm so pleased I saw your Unappreciated favorites cookbook!