Recipe by AprilShowers
This was usually my choice when it was my turn to choose a meal for Mom to prepare. She got the recipe from her good friend who was also my godmother. Enjoy!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 1⁄2 cups pork and beans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried beef
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef and drain.
- Add remaining ingredients for the meat mixture; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Add milk and molasses; stir just until dough clings together.
- On a lightly floured surface knead dough 5-6x.
- Rollout to 9x12 rectangle.
- Spread 3/4 cup meat mixture over dough.
- Starting with longer side, roll up.
- Cut into 12 1" slices.
- Pour remaining meat mixture into 13x9" pan.
- Place biscuit slices on meat mixture in pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until bubbly.