Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A simple one-dish meal that we hope to try soon.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low fat reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup, healthy variety
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans
- 1 (1 lb) package fat-free cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- nonstick cooking spray, non-fat
- 1 (1 lb) package hash brown potatoes, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, saute beef and onion until done; drain any grease.
- Add mushroom soup, beans, and cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired,.
- stirring well.
- Spray 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Distribute hash browns over bottom of dish and spread meat mixture on top.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Each Serving Provides:.
- 304 calories 30.4g protein 25.0g carbohydrate 8.4g fat 4.33g saturated.
- fat 40mg cholesterol.
- Diabetic Exchanges:
- starch, 1 medium fat protein, 2 vegetable, 1 skim milk, 1/2.
This was good! (But I used regular soup and regular cheese.) DH liked it too. In fact, it was so good, I will try to work out a vegetarian version because I'm planning to go veg when I get done with my outstanding tags. (This was tagged for Newest Zaar Tag 08A.) I mixed half the cheese into the meat mixture, put a quarter on top of the potatoes, and the final quarter on top of the dish. Very good comfort food. Thanks!